What We Believe
We exist to engage people to love God, love people, equip leaders, and to point people to Jesus Christ. We accomplish this through balanced focus on worship, community, discipleship, evangelism, and service.
We create environments that engage people in a growing, committed relationship with Jesus and the church by investing their time, talent, and treasure to serve and inspire their world to faith in Christ.
We believe the Bible is verbally inspired by God the Father, the Creator of the universe.
We therefore believe that the Scriptures are:
- God's revelation of Himself to mankind
- Infallible, that is, they are never wrong in their true intention
- The divine, authoritative guide for our faith, belief, and manner of living
The Assemblies of God Statements of Fundamental Truth
Below is a condensed version of the Statements of Fundamental Truth:
We believe . . .
• The Scriptures are inspired by God
• There is only one true God
• In the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ
• Man willingly fell to sin
• Every person can have restored fellowship with God through "salvation"
• In water baptism by immersion and holy communion
• In the baptism in the Holy Spirit and is a special experience following salvation
• The initial physical evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit is "speaking in tongues"
• Sanctification initially occurs at salvation
• The church has a mission
• A divinely called and scriptually ordained leadership serves the church
• Divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today
• In the Blessed Hope—When Jesus raptures His church prior to His return to earth
• In the millennial reign of Christ
• A final judgement will take place
• In a new heavens and a new earth
Click here to visit the official Assemblies of God website and view the original statements with Scripture references.